Structural QC Inspection Engineer
Hybrid in Buffalo, NY
An employee owned, 57-year-old engineering consulting firm, with 1700+ employees, 60 offices throughout the US, that specializes in Highway Engineering, Planning & Urban Design, Traffic Engineering, Bridge Engineering, Building Systems Engineering/MEP, Survey/LiDAR, GIS/Asset Management, Construction Inspection, Corrosion Protection, Landscape Architecture, Environmental, Laboratory Services.
What you can expect to be doing…
- Responsible for reviewing reports, inventory record updates and field procedures against NBIS and owning agency standards.
- Primarily assigned to our structural condition inspection contracts with NYSDOT, NYSCC, NYSTA and NYPA
- Perform technical and procedural reviews of field inspection techniques, inventory record updates and condition assessment reporting deliverables for a variety of structural inspection service contracts.
- Work will include bridge, overhead sign structures, canal structures and other items of public and private infrastructure.
What you will bring to the table…
Education / Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- New York Professional Engineering License
- NBIS and NYSDOT qualifications for Quality Control Engineer
- FHWA approved comprehensive bridge inspection training course; updated with approved refresher training within the past 60 months
- Proficiency with MS Office production applications
- Proficiency with NYSDOT EAM/SMS database is a plus
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use on or around a job site
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19″ or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus, and work at a height 6' or higher
- Able to wear required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, and/or safety glasses/goggles while working
If you would like to learn more about this great opportunity, please email Kiera@ScientificSearch.com and reference job# 18502.