Sr. Research Scientist
Location: Newark, DE
In-Vitro Senior Research Scientist
The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing in-vitro studies for cancer drug discovery programs. This includes developing relevant pre-clinical model systems to identify and validate novel therapeutic targets. The successful candidate is expected to work with minimal supervision in most molecular and cellular biology techniques and demonstrates an understanding of cancer biology. Experience with oncogenic signaling pathways and targeted therapies is an advantage. The candidate is expected to work with their supervisor to design and execute a research plan to answer critical questions about compounds and targets under evaluation.
- Independently design, execute and interpret cell-based assays for small and large molecule discovery.
- Familiar with small molecule screening initiatives for exploratory and lead optimization programs.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of experiments, evaluate data, prepare reports and presentations for internal meetings in a timely manner.
- Should be proficient at reviewing the relevant scientific literature to build protocols using Pubmed and other resources.
- Collaborate with other functional groups within drug discovery to achieve shared goals.
- Flexibility to acquire additional competencies and skillsets as needed.
- Should be highly independent and organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in molecular/cell biology or related fields.
- Applicants with industry experience is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture and cell-based assays for compound screening using platforms such as ELISA, HTRF, MSD, and CTG.
- Hands-on experience in standard molecular biology techniques, including Western Blotting, RT-qPCR, and gene-editing techniques (RNAi, CRISPR).
- Experience in the ex-vivo culture of human tissues, immune cell separation using magnetic beads, and flow cytometry.
- Working knowledge of CyTOF mass cytometry is desired.
- Experience working with the hematopoietic system, including hematopoietic stem cell biology and/or hematological malignancies is a plus.
- Client offers a competitive salary package that is dependent on qualifications and experience as well as a strong benefit package, plus participation in a companywide bonus plan. For immediate consideration and faster response please forward current resume to: email@example.com. Please include job #17503 in subject line. Please note that all candidates applying must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Client will NOT sponsor.