Software DevOps Developer
Location: West Chester, PA area
At our client, you’ll join a dynamic team committed to positively impacting healthcare by commercializing products that help people and save lives. Our products provide unprecedented sensitivity, resolution, and throughput that fuel the development of better therapeutics, the ability to detect disease earlier, and the power to attack diseases at their roots instead of their symptoms. Our technology reveals what others leave unseen!
This is an opportunity to join an outstanding and growing team with an inclusive culture that delivers meaningful insights to the entire company!
Our client is searching for a passionate DevOps Developer who is looking to join a dynamic team of developers working to implement the company’s game-changing technology. In addition, you will also be part of the ongoing effort to move this technology into other devices and systems. This person will be a member within the Software Development group that reports into the Product Development organization. As part of the Product Development group, you will also work with members from the Research and Development, Product Management, Field Services and Support groups.
(1) Oversee the DevOps necessary to support ongoing software projects
- Ensure source code repositories are configured and managed properly.
- Oversee the build processes for delivery of installers and update packages.
- Manage cloud systems that are part of the software development life cycle.
- Guide development of continuous integration including automated unit and system level testing.
- Develop testing frameworks for instrument simulators.
- (2) Software Coding and Development
- Work with internal and external teams to implement functional specifications through coding, testing, and any required performance tuning.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of adherence to architectural standards, quality, security, modifiability, and extensibility.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts with internal and external customers to quickly resolve issues.
- Communicate effectively cross functionally with Product Managers, Engineers, Scientists, Field Engineers and other business personnel.
- Participate in the development of product specifications with attention to system integration, feasibility and field supportability.
- Follow the defined software development life cycle and protocols while clearly communicating all concepts and reasoning to the software and product development team.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have experience with Python, PIP, and Bash
- Must have experience with Linux and Windows 10
- Must have experience with GitHub, JIRA and AWS
- Must have experience expertise in Agile and iterative methods, software development lifecycle management, unit testing, continuous integration, and build and release management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (in lieu of degree, 5 years of relevant work experience).
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, design and support for a variety of software applications that interface with laboratory instrumentation.
- Self-starter, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, and the ability to define and execute project objectives and priorities on time and on budget.
- Someone who considers themselves a “Maker”, hobbyist, or tinkerer is a plus.
- Occasional travel as needed.
- Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with product management and the technical team when needed.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills; ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Experience with regulated requirements such as Title 21 CFR Part 11 a plus.
- Experience working with Quality and Customer Support organizations.
- Experience with Cloud solutions including but not limited to Circle.ci, JAMA, Confluence, and Salesforce a plus.
- Previous experience working with outside contractors a plus.
- Experience with web frameworks like Angular, React and Vue.js a plus.
- Experience with Docker a plus.
- Experience with Networking; Ethernet, TCP/IP, SSH, NTP, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory.
For immediate consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Job# 17509. Check out www.scientificsearch.com for all of our openings.