Senior Skin Biology Scientist
Location: Boston, MA
Our startup biotechnology company that is well funded and growing quickly has tasked Scientific Search in finding them an Senior Scientist who will specialize in skin biology. This role will be critical to shaping and driving our clients ethos around a “biology-first” future for the industry. Our mission is to create the most consequential personal care ingredients and brands of this century.
This Sr. Platform Scientist position will specialize in skin biology. This position requires a strong background in the skin's biological processes, including expertise of the mechanisms underlying skin health, cell-to-cell and cell-to-microbe interactions, as well as an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
- Create internal skin biology capability for research and development activities as well as for safety and efficacy studies on novel personal care ingredients.
- Apply knowledge of skin biology to develop novel ingredients in the personal care space.
- Explore the impacts of internally developed active ingredients on skin and/or hair, including via microbiome-altering properties.
- Support product development from conceptualization, to in vitro testing, to clinical trials, to launch.
- Design and conduct experiments to translate technology into benefits and build/support claims.
- Design, execute, review, and interpret experiments to provide recommendations towards product development strategies. This includes developing, optimizing and performing cellular and physiological assays.
- Communicate technical information to internal teams and/or external clients in the form of oral and written correspondence, presentations, and reports.
- Manage relationships and work with external partners (eg, CROs, vendors, academic or institutional partners).
- Review external literature, data sources and intellectual property to stay current and assess competitive and scientific landscape.
- Develop technical insights based on research and scientific literature.
- Analyze consumer and brand needs and translate these needs into scientific frameworks and potential technical solutions and approaches.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement new technologies into new product development pipelines.
- MS or PhD degree in biology, biochemistry, physiology, pharmacy, or medicine with 5+ years experience related to skin biology
- Proven technical skills in problem solving, analytical techniques, data gathering, analysis, statistics, interpretation, and proficiency in method and instrument troubleshooting
- Proven people leadership skills
- Ability to perform various tests and modify techniques where required for a range of biological actives, chemicals, formulations, and dosage forms
- Experience with cell cultures and/or 3D skin models, claim support testing
Be sure to check out all of our other current openings at www.scientificsearch.com
For immediate consideration please email Kevin Wasser at Kevin@Scientificsearch.com