Location: Newark, DE
Due to exceptional growth, our client, a leading Biotech firm, has an immediate opening to support both oncology and inflammation and autoimmune discovery (IAI) programs. We are seeking a candidate with scientific passion in the field of emerging pre-clinical human disease relevant complex in vitro cellular models (CIVM) and cellular metabolism platforms to support evaluation and validation of lead candidates.
- Perform lab-based cellular experiments including 2D, 3D cell cultures and cellular metabolism assays to support lead optimization, evaluate candidates in our discovery pipeline.
- Apply state-of-art cellular technologies to understand the mechanism of actions of lead candidates in our pipeline and support identification and validation of new targets.
- Support the Principal Investigator to develop pre-clinical complex in vitro cellular and microphysiological organ-chip model systems to evaluate targets and lead candidates.
- Perform extracellular flux assays and analyze data to evaluate cell health and mitochondrial toxicity of late-stage candidates in their pipeline.
- Work independently in the laboratory with minimal supervision.
- B.Sc. or Master’s degree and 1–5 years of combined experience in biopharma and academia OR Ph.D. with 0-1 year of experience in academia or biopharma.
- Candidates with a background in cancer and/or immune biology and cell metabolism will be preferred.
- Candidates with hands-on prior experience in some of the techniques such as 3D cell models, co-culture systems, flow cytometry (FACS), mitochondrial assays, western blotting, ELISA, qPCR will be preferred.
- Proficient in scientific computer programs including Microsoft Excel, Graph Pad Prism.
- This is a Laboratory based position, so the candidate must be willing to work onsite.
For immediate consideration and faster response, please forward current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job #17744 in subject line. Please note that all candidates applying must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Client will NOT sponsor.