Senior Legal Counsel – Transactions
Location: Boston, MA (onsite)
Our startup biotech client with incredible technology and deep pockets has tasked Scientific Search in finding them a Senior Legal Counsel to support the development of the novel formulation platform. The individual will join a growing, multidisciplinary team of scientists/engineers and industry professionals.
The Senior Legal Counsel reports to the Chief Business Officer and will provide expertise and support in all areas of Legal affairs. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Biotech industry and a strong understanding of the unique challenges and regulations faced by Lifesciences companies.
- Provide legal analysis, strategy and solutions for all business activities and teams in a legally sound manner that balances risks with achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Provide legal research, insight, evaluation, guidance, and basic business acumen for transactions, new business opportunities and business planning.
- Draft, review, revise and maintain contract forms and tools for all business matters and provide education and support to business teams on use.
- Resource for negotiation, structuring, preparation, review and advice on transactions, financing, consultant, vendor, and all other contracts and legal documentation and matters for the Company.
- Manage the contractual and risk mitigation strategy of all organic development and other business critical transactions.
- Provides legal insight, evaluation and basic legal and business acumen for these transactions, prospective partnerships, and business planning.
- In concert with BD, evaluate potential deal structures, providing legal impact insight and basic business acumen.
- Manage the contract management process from inception to execution. Facilitate pricing discussions and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables.
- Must have a law degree from an accredited law school and be licensed in good standing to practice in at least one state.
- At least seven (7) years of experience as a transactional attorney. In-house experience in life-sciences preferred.
- In this highly visible role, you will be required to partner with Business Development, Finance, HR, and cross-functional leaders on legal projects and business initiatives, including but not limited to strategic supplier relationships, alliance management and business development.
For immediate consideration please email Tom O’Hanlon at Tom@Scientificsearch.com