QC Specialist / Microbiologist
Onsite in Boston
Leading global providers of isotope technology for medical, scientific and industrial use.
What you can expect to be doing…
- Assist Quality Control Manager in maintaining an effective Quality Control Program, which consistently delivers high quality products on time.
- Participate in quality inspections to verify that appropriate current procedures are followed and will keep the Quality Control Manager fully informed on status of QC activities.
- Operate under the guidance of the QC Manager to assure compliance with the company’s Quality Management System
- Communicate with the QC Manager on day-to-day QC activities.
- Perform final Quality Control testing on bulk and finished products assigned by QC Manager by applying various analytical methods and protocols.
- Carry out microbiological testing at the facility, including but not limited to:
- Environmental monitoring of clean rooms, laminar flow cabinets etc.
- Airborne viable and non-viable particle monitoring
- Endotoxin testing
- Sterility testing
- Maintain inventory of materials required for microbiological testing.
- Ensure readiness of the microbiology lab and associated devices at all times.
- Conduct filing, organizing and record-keeping of QC documentation.
- Assist in maintaining the calibrated and validated state of various QC equipment.
- Convey any instrumentation issues to QC Manager for review and resolution.
- Perform receiving inspection and quality control testing of incoming materials as needed.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and usage log for raw materials.
- Assist in issuing, processing, closing, and filing of NCRs, deviation reports, OOS, CAPAs etc.
What you will bring to the table…
- Bachelor of Science degree in relevant discipline (Chemistry, Pharmacy, Microbiology etc.) preferred.
- At least 2 -3 years’ experience with Quality Control
- At least 1 – 2 years’ experience with microbiology-related activities
- Detail oriented, organized, excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in use of general analytical equipment.
- Knowledgeable in the use of microbiology equipment such as particle counter, endotoxin tester, air sampler etc.
If you would like to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, please email Kiera@ScientificSearch.com