Location: Seymour, IN
Scientific Search client, a well-established/dynamic Pharma company, had an immediate need for a Packaging Engineer. This is a 6–12-month contract engagement, may transition to FTE. The Packaging Engineer will provide technical support to Packaging Operations and Technical Services including specification, evaluation, and installation of new pharmaceutical packaging equipment; assure compliance of equipment operation and function with cGMP standards; troubleshoot and optimize installed equipment; integrate packaging line serialization functions with Logistics and IT Systems, identify and implement corrective actions and process improvement.
- Assure proper setup and operation of new, modified and/or repaired equipment within packaging.
- Manage specification and design activities for new equipment and packaging line configuration.
- Provide support for equipment troubleshooting and repair of packaging and serialization equipment.
- Monitor packaging processes and equipment and identify areas for improvement.
- Assist with equipment testing, qualification and standard operating procedure development/review.
- Assist with User Requirements (URS)
- Assist in training of Packaging Operations and Maintenance staff.
- Assist with selection and design of packaging components and configurations.
- Support creation of System Design (SDS) and Functional Design (FDS) documentation.
- Familiarity with PLC-based systems and programs.
- SME for packaging serialization systems; support implementation and ongoing functionality of serialization equipment and data communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Mechanical, Packaging, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in Engineering or Technical Services within an Industrial Packaging Organization.
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience preferred.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, and kneel
- Must be able to operate objects, tools or controls and reach with arms and hands
- Must wear safety equipment when required