Managing Director, Investment Fund
Are you looking for an opportunity to both manage a fund and also make a larger impact to the patients? Do you have a track record of successful investing and portfolio value building? Are you ready to join a small and growing team that is committed to the organization’s mission and culture?
You will be a seasoned biopharma venture capital, business development, or private equity professional with experience in early-stage venture investing in the oncology therapeutics space. You will be the most senior fund team member responsible for developing and executing investment strategy, evolving the fund’s infrastructure, supporting fund raising, and contributing to the broader executive leadership team.
Some things you will do in the role include:
- Develop network and relationships with VC and biotech community to grow awareness and help source investment opportunities and/or co-investors
- deal origination, investment and management through to exit.
- Conduct and coordinate scientific, commercial, financial, and legal due diligence on potential investment opportunities.
- Support investee companies to optimize growth and realize value, including working with and leveraging broader assets and capabilities (e.g., scientific/clinical expertise, data assets, research consortium, etc.)
- Uses an appropriate mix of scientific and commercial arguments to gain the support.
- Demonstrates a keen ability to “read” an audience and determine how to get best buy-in and commitment without manipulation.
- Proactively identifies and deliberately develops and maintains strategic business relationships, alliances and partners.
Some things you will bring to the role include:
- PhD or MD degree required; practical experience in relevant positions as a scientist, clinician, etc.
- 10+ years of combined investment and relevant operational experience from a venture capital firm or a corporate venture/business development environment
- Demonstrable track record of successful investing and portfolio value-building with early stage therapeutics investments in oncology
- Expertise in financial and legal matters and investment processes in the venture capital field
- Proactively seeks opportunities to explore complex concepts and ideas. Enjoys breaking unfamiliar grounds and attempting something that has not been done before.
For immediate consideration, email email@example.com and mention Job#