Infrastructure Support Specialist
Location: Brooklyn, New York (Hybrid Schedule)
Scientific Search client, a well-established family owned & operated organization, has an immediate need for an Infrastructure Support Specialist. This position assists in the monitoring and maintenance of all network infrastructure and system endpoints and provide assistance/support to users interacting with these devices.
• The position assigns responsibility for company IT assets 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year, and mandates that the holder of the position is available/on call at all times to assist in the resolution of Network issues.
• On a rotating basis and/or as assigned by the IT Director the holder of this position will be responsible for monitoring the network during non-business hours, including weekends and company holidays.
• In collaboration with the MIS Manager, monitors network infrastructure assets and performs maintenance as directed/required
• Reviews and identifies network endpoints (PCs, Laptops, Printers, etc..) that require replacement and/or upgrade, including the verification and renewal of support contracts and licenses.
• Manages the initial network configuration of new endpoints including the installation of licensed software.
• Manages the definition of new/existing user profiles including application security and resource access.
• Monitors and maintains local end point backup devices
• Primary contact for network telecommunication vendors, and responsible for maintaining
• Participates in the strategic build of the IT Infrastructure
• Assist in the resolution of day-to-day helpdesk issues as necessary.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a VMware Windows Server environment.
• 3-5 years’ experience with Citrix Workspace/XenDesktop/Remote Desktop Environment
• Experience with Windows, Apple, and Linux operating systems.
• Experience with Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Windows Services
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Business applications.
Must be a Citizen or Permanent Resident.
For immediate consideration, email current resume to John Barry;
check out all our open jobs; www.scientificsearch.com