Field Service Engineer
Location: New Haven CT area
Scientific Search’s client is dedicated to providing World Class Service through quality workmanship and professional communication. They have an immediate need for several Service Engineers. These are full-time, direct hire positions with a world class organization. A Service Engineer is responsible for start-up, commissioning, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of company products in North America. Candidates must demonstrate a strong technical aptitude, a high level of professionalism, effective communication skills, and the ability to work independently in the field.
Travel requirements: 50% average, some overnight travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all company products, both for service and preventative maintenance calls.
- Manage and complete assigned work orders and close them within one week of the original assigned date.
- Train customers on all company products, promoting products by application.
- Promote service contracts and spare part sales.
- Manage spare parts per the Code of Conduct.
- Be the point of contact for technical issues for sales representatives of his territory.
- Comply with the Code of Conduct and all other Company processes and procedures.
- Manage tool inventory, keeping all tools and instruments in good working condition.
- Perform start-up, commissioning, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair activities.
- Responsible for communicating customer concerns and technical issues.
- Manage work related travel arrangements within company policy.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong focus on customer service and global quality.
- Sense of ownership for the assigned customers and assets.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to explain solutions to various technical levels.
- Ability to work independently, with strong time and resource management capabilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics and PID’s.
- Experience and working knowledge of Electrical, Pneumatic, Steam, and PLC (Siemens) equipment systems.
Essential Requirements for Education and Experience:
- Bachelor, Associates, Technical Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Lean enterprise philosophy.
- Must have proof of vaccination for travel to client sites
For immediate consideration, send current resume to Will Corbin;
firstname.lastname@example.org & reference Job #17505
*Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Client will NOT sponsor*
Check out all of our open jobs @ www.scientificsearch.com