Location: Langhorne. PA
Check out www.scientificsearch.com for all of our current openings
Plan, Layout and develop details for fabrication of Engineering drawings of both standard and custom designed Automation equipment.
- Prepare drawings of both standard and custom designed Automation equipment.
- Create sheet metal flat patterns and material cut lists for fabricated parts based on standard shop procedure and material/machine constraints.
- Create BOM’s and routings for fabricated parts, perform cost roll-up and allocate materials to appropriate work orders.
- Create fabrication nests and CNC programs for plasma and waterjet machines.
- Create work orders for fabricated parts and release documentation packets to the shop in accordance with established production schedules.
- Assists machine operators on shop floor as required.
- Prepare material requisitions from layout drawings
- Order materials and supplies for the fabrication department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a fabrication environment is strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of typical fabrication manufacturing processes and equipment including MiG Welding, Plasma/Waterjet, Press Brakes, Saws, Power Rollers, Lathes and other basic shop equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor and ProNest or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
- Possess excellent attention and respect for detail.
- Proven professional qualities including strong initiative, integrity, communication and the desire / ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent with technical school training in basic manufacturing processes and blueprint reading is strongly preferred. BSME a plus but required.
For immediate consideration email email@example.com